Monday, September 5, 2016

Cookie Cutter Reindeer

Happy Labour Day!

Gotta love an extra "pajama day", don'cha?

Yesterday was an EPIC crafting day for me.  Oh sure, I started by procrastinating half the day away with walking the dog and selling off some bookcases we don't need anymore (the bitter-sweet year when the girls have outgrown most of their toys and the purging begins!) but at 1:45 I went to my craft cave and spent … oh … 8 HOURS doing what I love!  I REALLY hit my stride after dinner … the hits just kept on coming!  I had planned to crack off a LOT more cards than I did.  When I design for my Open House samples I try to stick to quick, quick quick.  I either CASE (Copy And Share Everything) samples from the catalogue itself or from Pinterest or the exclusive demonstrator website for awesome cards.  Why reinvent the wheel, right?  Well yesterday was different.  I think I just needed the creative escape and so I took my time.  I did case one or two but most I just bumbled along with … and ended up with a number that I really, REALLY love (I know - how odd, Tamara *lol*)

This one was the first "hit".  I don't know what it is about it but yup - I love it!
LOVE!  I must have spent about 2 hours using this adorable little set and punch - Cookie Cutter Christmas.
 The Holiday Catalogue also has a Halloween set that coordinates with the punch - SO cute!  Cookie Cutter Halloween ...

 For the sentiment I used Merriest Wishes ...
… and the snowflakes are from It's a Celebration ...
I used Whisper White and Bermuda Bay for the main colours then I stamped the reindeer in Crumb Cake on the base and punched one out that had been stamped on Crumb Cake with Early Espresso.  I popped him up on a dimensional.  After the fact I added some Wink of Stella clear to the ears and antlers.  Wa-low!  Quick, easy, adorable card!
I'm going to run. I woke up at 3:00 am and started designing Christmas Shaker Cards in my head (as you do) so I'm going to grab a quick coffee and try to keep my crafting streak going.  Mom and Dad are coming over for dinner and to watch "The Battle of Alberta" annual Labour Day football game between Edmonton and Calgary so I need to get my "work" in early!  (Gotta love when you can dictate your own work schedule! … and I get to do it in my pi's! *lol*

I hope you have a stampy holiday, whatever you get up to!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment